Skip to main content

Authenticity: The Freedom You’ve Been Programmed to Fear


Get access to my free resource library for personal and spiritual development here. 

We can’t be free if we don’t live authentic lives. 

Most people don’t even understand what authenticity is. 

The fear of being vulnerable, of being who you truly are, far outweighs the longing in your soul — and I believe that longing exists in everyone — to be the unique expression of themselves.

Instead, most people want to fit in. 

They want to belong — to a family, a friend group, a tribe, a community, society at large. 

And that desire for connection is so strong, we’re willing to sacrifice our truth to get it. 

From the moment we’re born, we’re primed by our parents, by society, by schools, religion, even “God,” to be a certain way. To be acceptable. And none of that has anything to do with authenticity.

All of it is about inauthenticity. 

We learn to duplicate versions of other people instead of exploring who we actually are. 

We live by ideas of success, goodness, and belonging that aren’t ours — they’re programmed. 

And it’s only when we stop looking outside ourselves for approval and start asking, “Who am I if I’m not this person that wants to please everyone?” — that we start to find a glimmer of truth.

Authenticity is messy. 

It requires brutal honesty. 

It requires vulnerability — with yourself first, and then with the world. 

It’s scary, because it means facing parts of yourself that you might not like. 

Parts that might have hurt someone else, or are still holding you back. 

And it’s terrifying because society, family, and culture are all constantly telling you who you should be.

Vulnerability is the doorway to freedom. 

It’s the courage to face your fears, to step into the parts of yourself you’ve ignored, denied, or been ashamed of. 

It’s the willingness to take responsibility for your life, to stop blaming others — your parents, God, your upbringing, society — and to stop playing victim. 

True authenticity can’t exist without responsibility. 

And it can’t exist without action. 

You have to be willing to do the uncomfortable, scary things, even when it goes against what everyone else is doing, even when it might make you stand out, even when it might make people judge you.

This is where freedom lives. 

This is where your unique expression — the part of you that the world can’t replicate — finally gets to breathe. 

It’s not easy. 

It’s not always pretty. 

But every time you choose authenticity over comfort, every time you face your ego programmes and step out of autopilot, you reclaim a piece of your sovereignty. 

And that’s worth everything.

To dive deeper here is the the link to this episode of The Sovereign Soul Podcast here. 

Love

Rose

To contact me you can reach me via email: selfmasterylove@gmail.com

Get access to my free resource library for personal and spiritual development here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It's No Measure of Health to Be Well Adjusted to a Profoundly Sick Society." - Krishnamurti

There's this awesome quote from Krishnamurti. It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a  profoundly sick society. And yesterday I realised—in spite of me knowing that society is very unhealthy and the world is very unhealthy—there has been an element of me that has been trying to fit into this world. Because I don't know if that's just in the DNA of a human being. Like we want to fit in. Somehow we want to succeed at being human. But then I realised: actually, I don't want to fit into this world. There's no part of me that wants to fit into this world. Why the fuck would anyone want to fit into a world that's so fucked up? The soul shock of coming into a body and living whatever life I've lived and having all the experiences that I've had has been a massive challenge. But probably a fraction of a challenge compared to what most people experience in this world. Most people don't even have their basic needs met in a healthy, comfortable, e...

Food - The Deepest Programming On Earth

Get access to my free resource library for personal and spiritual development here.   One of the biggest things on my mind right now is food . I’ve spoken before about what I call the three greatest deceptions on Earth — food, love, and God. And today, I want to go deeper into the food piece. I’m currently on a water fast , rereading a book I’ve read a few times before — it’s about living as a breatharian , people who live without food. Yes, it’s possible. People have done it. People are doing it. Most would say it’s insane. But then again, people say fasting is insane, too. There are those who can’t even imagine going a day without food, let alone exploring what it means to live free of it altogether. Yet, I recently watched a documentary about a man who did a 55-day water fast — not as an act of spiritual defiance, but to heal his body. People around him were horrified, calling it “dangerous” and “unhealthy.” That’s how deep the programming goes. We are absolutely consumed by ...

Is Your Life a Pre-Decided Blueprint? The Paradox of Free Will & Soul Contracts

Get access to my free resource library for personal and spiritual development here.   Is your life a pre-decided blueprint?   In other words—has it already been decided, before you’re even born, that you’ve chosen every experience? Your family, your struggles, your "soul contracts," the things you think you have to do, or the things you want to do?   Or… is this all just a nurtured lie of the matrix?   Here’s the paradox: Are people choosing to wake up before they’re born? Or are some choosing to stay asleep?   I think it’s both.   If we have free will, it doesn’t mean we’re always making conscious choices. Most people operate on autopilot—making decisions from unconscious conditioning, societal programming, or manipulated influences. That’s not free will.   But for those awakening—whether in sudden epiphanies or gradual realignments—every moment of clarity reinforces the blueprint we did choose for ourselves.   ...